Home - For advisers - Make a complaint

Make a complaint

We are responsible for receiving complaints about licensed immigration advisers and anyone giving immigration advice unlawfully without a licence.

Anyone can make a complaint. You do not need to be the person who received the immigration advice.

If you make a complaint to us at the Immigration Advisers Authority:

Providing New Zealand immigration advice when neither licensed nor exempt is an offence under the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act. Anyone found breaking the law can face seven years in prison and a fine of up to NZ$100,000. You can help stop illegal immigration advisers by reporting them to us.

Complaints against licensed immigration advisers can be made on a number of grounds including:

Find out if the person in question has a licence by checking the online register or if they are exempt by checking our list of exempt persons.

Make a complaint by completing this form and mailing or emailing it to us.

If you are unsure about making a complaint, contact us.