Competency standard 2:
Knowledge of New Zealand’s immigration advisers licensing scheme
Advisers must be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- The purpose and key provisions of the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007.
- The functions of the Immigration Advisers Authority and the Registrar of Immigration Advisers.
- Who must be licensed to provide New Zealand immigration advice.
- Who is exempt or prohibited from the requirement to be licensed to provide New Zealand immigration advice.
- What constitutes ‘immigration advice’.
- The role of the Immigration Advisers Complaints and Disciplinary Tribunal: its functions and powers; grounds for complaint; disciplinary sanctions; and possible outcomes from complaints procedures.
- All of the offences under the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007.
- The responsibilities of licensed immigration advisers including: adhering to the code of conduct; continuing professional development requirements; annual licence renewal and notifying the Registrar of changes in circumstances.