These CPD requirements apply to all licensed immigration advisers.
They require you to take responsibility for developing and implementing your own CPD plan. This includes planning, undertaking, documenting and reflecting on a minimum of 20 hours of CPD activities each CPD year.
- Are learner-centred rather than prescriptive.
- Focus on positive outcomes for advisers.
- Are flexible enough to allow all advisers to complete the requirements regardless of their areas of practice, location and experience.
- Enable advisers to take account of their preferred learning styles.
- Are intended to be cost-effective and affordable for both individual advisers and for the Authority to apply.
- Provide a transparent accountability mechanism.
The Immigration Adviser Competency Standards 2015 set out the following continuing professional development requirements for licensed immigration advisers:
7.1 Advisers must maintain an acceptable continued professional development (CPD) plan and record for each 12 month licensing period. What must be included in an acceptable CPD plan and record is notified on the Immigration Advisers Authority’s website.
7.2 Advisers must complete at least 20 hours of acceptable professional development activities, including any mandatory activities, during each 12 month licensing period. Acceptable and mandatory professional development activities are those notified on the Immigration Advisers Authority’s website.
7.3 Advisers must retain, and produce upon request, their CPD plan and record for each licensing period that commenced after 26 November 2015, up to a maximum of 3 years.
Effective from 26 November 2015