Cost of an adviser
A licensed immigration adviser must set fees that are fair and reasonable in the circumstances.
Licensed advisers vary in expertise, the fees they charge and the level of service they offer. You may wish to speak to several advisers before deciding which one best meets your needs.
Why do fees vary?
A licensed adviser when determining a reasonable fee for services to be provided will consider some or all of the following factors:
- The adviser’s experience and ability
- The degree of complexity of the application
- The urgency of the application, including any time limitations imposed by the client
- The length of time involved in processing the application
- The reasonable costs of running the adviser’s business
- Whether the application is lodged in New Zealand or offshore
- The location of the adviser lodging the application
- The number of people included in the application
- Whether disbursements such as third party costs, couriers, translations, copying etc. are included
- The level of personal service provided
- Current market place fee levels for similar services