Home - For migrants - Who can give advice - Citizens Advice Bureau

Who can give immigration advice

By law, any person that gives you immigration advice about New Zealand must be licensed by the Immigration Advisers Authority, unless they are exempt.

This includes people giving New Zealand immigration advice from China, India or anywhere in the world.

This chart shows you who can give you immigration advice.

These options are likely to vary in immigration expertise, level of service and cost. Licensed immigration advisers and some lawyers have specialised expertise in the New Zealand immigration system.

Choose an option to find out more.