Home - Do I need a licence? - Travel agents

Do I need a licence?

Travel agents

If you are a travel worker you cannot give immigration advice to customers or colleagues without a licence.

Immigration advice can only be given by licensed professionals or those exempt from holding a licence under the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act.

If you are asked for advice, you can direct people to publicly available information like the Immigration New Zealand website but you must not give advice.

Find out more about the dos and don’ts of helping migrants by reading the relevant factsheets below and our policy on who needs to be licensed.