A training log is an optional tool that could be used to record practical experience to show how a provisional licence holder is progressing with their day to day responsibilities and in meeting objectives within their professional development plan.
This record may help provide the basis for monitoring progress.
A training log’s record of evidence could show:
- competencies that have been developed
- activities that have contributed to achieving competence
- competencies signed off by a supervisor.
A provisional licence holder should note any particular issues that have been challenging or have raised specific professional or ethical issues. This will help both parties to focus on key areas of development.
When discussing achievement, both parties should take account of:
- experience achieved since the previous meeting
- work that needs further development before appropriate competence is achieved
- work that had been planned but not completed.